April 7th, 2012, Saturday, 10:00 am
East Phillips Park Cultural & Community Center, 2307 17th Ave S
EPIC web address: http://www.eastphillips-epic.com/index.html
Office: 2536 18th Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55404
· Approval of Agenda (JB, MG)
· Approval of Minutes from EPIC Board Meeting, We worked with Mike Dean on redistricting plans.
· EPIC Membership Meeting: Thursday, April 12th, 6:30 PM, the East Phillips Park Center,
· EPIC Annual Meeting, Saturday, April 28th, 2012, 9:30 AM; East Phillips Park Center
10:20 Redistricting Outcome…Our New Ward 9- Q and A
EPIC distributed a copy of the approved districting map.
10:50 Phase II Housing Contract with CEE- Doug Wise,
· Housing Rehab Loans – Loan Pool - $90,000.00, Lottery??? Discussion about contents?
· Home Buyer Loans – Loan Pool $32,000.00
· Emergency Repair Loans – Loan Pool $18,000.00
· Foreclosure Assistance Loans – Loan Pool
DEFERRED LOAN PROGRAM (HOMEOWNER REHAB) we want to include this in the name.
· Doug told us that CEE cannot do a lottery for these loans. How can EPIC ensure that non-English speakers and immigrant households can successfully apply for these loans? Discussed several options, including hiring Doug w/translators to “hand-hold” residents through the application process.
· Doug will talk with CEE to find out what resources they can provide. A lottery is more fair, and EPIC really wants to pursue this option.
· Decided to remove the “match”, due to the financial climate. Therefore, the 50% income limit is moot.
· We prefer to require repayment of loan upon refinancing. Doug will find out more about this from CEE.
· EPIC wants to review the list of improvements that are allowed by MHFA Fix Up Fund.
HOMEBUYER DEFERRED LOAN PROGRAM
We prefer to require repayment of loan upon refinancing. Doug will find out more about this from CEE.
EMERGENCY DEFERRED LOANS
· Program intent: Doug will check with CEE to determine whether CEE will follow criteria stated in EPIC’s intent statement.
· Interest rate: too complicated to administer – agree to use 0%.
· We prefer to require repayment of loan upon refinancing. Doug will find out more about this from CEE. (Drop “or within 5 years.”)
· What is the process for applying for emergency loans in light of the $100 inspection fee.
FORECLOSURE ASSISTANCE LOANS
PRG has money for foreclosure counseling and assist in obtaining funds, and has an 80% success rate. Consider providing funds through PRG as “last resort” foreclosure assistance. Doug will write up a proposal; may have CEE administer if it is a loan program. Other possibility would be a grant program, and no one would have to administer it.
· Is the $15,000 admin fees a “cap”? Are the fees on page 2 included in the cap.
· Admin service fees; Doug will bring additional questions to CEE:
o $425 fee
o $100 fee
o $6 per month fee
12:00 Garden Use Agreement
Brad distributed changes to the Garden Use Agreement: Gardeners agree to give up plot if plot fee is not paid by 2nd weekend in June.
12:05 Running Wolf Agreement
Agreement is completed and ready for signatures.
12:10 EPIC Annual Meeting: Plans so far:
· Contracted with Shirley to do food
· Room reserved
· Ad in Alley botched, E-News Ad out, Door-to-door needs a little translating, flyering will happen
· Music to be arranged
· Board Members whose terms continue: Mary Gonsior, Linda Leonard, Earl Simms, Chiffon Williams, Steve Struthers, who wishes to run again? Jennie Bjorgo? Rosie Cruz? Carol Pass? ?? Slate??
· Door Prizes??
· Other?? Speaker??
Shirley’s Memorandum of Understanding
Will write a new agreement for making arrangements for food for annual meeting.
Help Needed on Friday
Setting up tables
Rosie will bring about 4 students
Help Needed on Saturday
Clean up (Brad has to attend a meeting immediately after the meeting)
Rosie will bring about 4 students
Only a few are already arranged
Roger Beck (Mary will contact)
12:15 Land Use Issues: Already have these issues: Smith Foundry, Bituminous Roadways,
NOW 2600 17th Ave. Alliance Petition
How do we get action from our Council Member?
Sresidents,have wten’Bituminous Roadways. Smith Foundry,
· Alliance Project Petition
Get as many signatures as possible and return to Carol.