May 7th, 10:00 am -12:00
East Phillips Park Cultural & Community Center, 2307 17th Ave S.
EPIC web address: eastphillips-epic.com
Office: 2536 18th Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55404
Board Roster: Jenny Bjorgo, Rosie Cruz, Laura Dale, Shawna Dillon, Mary Gonsior, Kristin Hanks, Linda Leonard, Margarita Ortega, Carol Pass.
Board Members Present: Jenny Bjorgo, Laura Dale, Shawna Dillon, Mary Gonsior, Kristin Hanks, Margarita Ortega, Carol Pass.
Board Members Not Present: Rosie Cruz (E), Linda Leonard (E),
EPIC Members: Brad Pass
· Greetings and Introductions.
· Approval of Agenda: JB, Approved
· Approval of Minutes from April 2nd, 2016: JB, Approved
- Next EPIC Membership Meeting, May 12th, East Phillips Park, Thursday 6:30 pm,
- Next EPIC Board meeting, June 4th, East Phillips Park, Saturday, 10:00 am
- EPIC SummerFest, June 12th, East Phillips Park, 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- The city is no longer providing legal services to neighborhoods.
10:20 UP Dates on Grievance- Carol, Speed Bumps- Rita, Update on Cameras- Carol, Byrne Grant Money - Rita, CIF Grant- Carol
Grievances: Michelle Chavez has reported the EPIC has been very responsive to requests from NCR to address grievances under review.
Speed bumps: Rita will be receiving checks this week from businesses and will deliver the funds downtown. The 18th Avenue fundraising is completed.
Cameras: Police need to decide where to put the cameras. Cost is $8,000 per camera. EPIC needs to review the crime and safety budget.
Byrne Grant: We are waiting to hear from Michelle with authorization to spend these funds.
CIF Grant: We have still not received any requests for funds.
10:50 EPIC Governing Documents – Your Note books
1) Bylaws, Policies and Procedures, Garden, Park Programming Partnership
2) EPIC Board Policies and Procedures Manual-
11:20 EPIC’s Financial Governing Documents-
1) 2012 NRP Phase II Action Plan: NRP a Housing Plan, Who Created? Other? What’s Spent? NRP now
a. Note: EPIC NRP Funding To Little Earth and Bidi Gain Dash Anwebi
2) EPIC Citizen Participation Program (CPP) Application 2014, Budget
3) Priority Plans- Housing and Crime and Safety
11:30 EPIC’s Projects and Programs- Partnerships with Waite House, EP Park, Urban Farm Proposal
MOTION: EPIC Board recommends to the general membership for review, potential partnership with the PACE Program for 2016. JB, SD, Approved.
11:00 Duties of the Officers of the Board, Discussion- Election of Officers See Hand out
EPIC Officers were selected by consensus:
President: Carol Pass
Vice President: Margarita Ortega
Secretary: Linda Leonard
Treasurer: Mary Gonsior