December 2nd, 2017, 10:00 am -12:00
East Phillips Park Cultural & Community Center, 2307 17th Ave S.
EPIC web address: eastphillips-epic.com
Office: 2536 18th Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55404
Phone: (612) 280-8418
Board Roster: Rosie Cruz, Laura Dale, Mary Gonsior, Tom Harris, Cassandra Holmes, Linda Leonard, Carol Pass, Linda Vermillion.
Board Members Present: Laura Dale, Mary Gonsior, Cassandra Holmes, Linda Leonard, Carol Pass, Linda Vermillion.
Board Members Not Present: Rosie Cruz (E), Tom Harris (E),
EPIC Members: Brad Pass, Marc Trius.
Guests: Shirley Heyer
MOTION: Meet as a committee of the whole. LL, MG, approved
· Greetings and Introductions
· Approval of Agenda: LL, LD, approved.
10:27 QUORUM ACHIEVED
· Approval of Minutes from November 4th: LL, LV, approved.
10:32 Question about Banyan NNO participation
A former staff person communicated with Little Earth about the program, and subsequent staff were not aware of the request from Little Earth to participate in the program. LL reported that at a later date, the Banyon set a policy that requires block clubs to be part of their Lighthouse Network to participate.
10:36 (SH) Celebration of the Somali community and the new radio station. Colin Powel center, today – Dec. 2, 4-10pm.
· LLEPIC General Membership Meeting, December 14th, Thursday, at East Phillips Park, 6:30 to 8:45
· Police Inspector Johnson for our precinct has quit. One of the sergeants in charge of our special police officers is also leaving at the end of the year.
· Planning Commission meeting, City Hall. Monday, Dec. 4th 3:30 to consider Stop ‘n Shop expansion to include tobacco shop, residents are concerned.
· Construction: 35W from 62 to Downtown will be shut down for 3 years beginning after the Super Bowl. Additional transit lines will be available.
· Road running over the Greenway are expected to be open in December.
· Ned Brooks of MPCA, (lawsuit over Volkswagen) is working on setting up a meeting with East Phillips and Little Earth residents.
o After long discussion, CH and BP will obtain guidelines, and work out dates and timelines. Looking for a date in early January.
11:10 Board Vacancy-Process: Only one candidate applied so far. Interview, Marc Trius
MOTION: the EPIC board recommends Marc Trius to the community to fill the open board seat. LL, CH, approved.
11:30 Grievance Resolution
The board determined resolution of the Michael Green grievance and a letter will be sent.
11:52 Looking at partnership contracts: PACE
Reviewed the PACE agreement as a model for partnership contracts where EPIC is working as a partner with another organization.
12:01 Plan Modification of old NRP Funds
Tabled to the membership meeting.