January 6th, 2017, 10:00 am -12:00
East Phillips Park Cultural & Community Center, 2307 17th Ave S.
EPIC web address: eastphillips-epic.com
Office: 2536 18th Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55404
Phone: (612) 280-8418
Board Roster: Rosie Cruz, Laura Dale, Mary Gonsior, Tom Harris, Cassandra Holmes, Linda Leonard, Carol Pass, Marc Trius, Linda Vermillion.
Board Members Present: Rosie Cruz, Laura Dale, Mary Gonsior, Cassandra Holmes, Linda Leonard, Carol Pass, Marc Trius, Linda Vermillion.
Board Members Not Present: Tom Harris (A).
EPIC Members: Brad Pass,
Guests: Shirley Heyer
· Greetings and Introductions
· Approval of Agenda: Approved by consensus.
· Approval of Minutes from December 12-2: Approved by consensus.
· General Membership Meeting, January11th, Thursday, at East Phillips Park, 6:30 to 8:45 pm.
10:30 Board duties and Obligations – Mary
Reviewed and discussed EPIC Mission, selected Bylaws, and selected Policies and Procedures.
11:21 What next? New Projects.
Swimming pool will open soon. Let’s build a program so that we are not pushed out of access to this new amenity in our community. Large pool will open in February, small pool will open this summer. Funding has come in from public schools and Augsburg. Scheduling for the pool has been turned over to the Park Board and these large donors are already promised large chunks of accessibility. EPIC needs to find partners and funding for an East Phillips Swim Program NOW if we don’t want to miss the boat. LL has done some research.
· Minneapolis Swims is supposed to have scholarship funds set aside. We need to talk them.
· EPIC also needs to talk to the Park Board also, to let them know our goals and make sure all the access is not limited to schools and competitions.
· Each neighborhood must design its own request for who needs to have “free” access to the pool (children, adults, seniors, for life skills, health, etc.)
· Midtown is working on a contract for $50,000 going toward scholarships.
· Idea: Hire a consultant to help EPIC community think about our needs, and how to meet them.
MOTION: EPIC will guarantee that East Phillips children have access to the pool for which we have already invested $75,000, therefore, EPIC will set aside a minimum of $10,000 for an East Phillips Children and Youth swim program. LL, MT. Approved.
12:00 East Phillips Indoor Urban Farm Progress
Reviewed MN Grant work plan and budget.
12:20 Executive Director search
Reviewed job descriptions. Discussed hiring a consultant as a way to review performance before permanent hire.
- Annual Meeting will be April 28, 2018
- SummerFest will be June 24, 2018