January 7th, 2012, Saturday, 10:00 am
East Phillips Park Cultural & Community Center, 2307 17th Ave S**
EPIC web address: http://www.eastphillips-epic.com/index.html
Office: 2536 18th Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55404
Present: Mary Gonsior, Carol Pass, Steve Struthers (Guests: Brad Pass)
Note: We remained without a quorum, so these motions will need ratification at the next board or community meeting to go forward.
· Meeting as COW
· Approval of Agenda (MG, CP)
· Approval of Minutes from EPIC Board Meeting Minutes - no meeting in Dec.
· Still need to approve Oct. and Nov. board meeting minutes.
· EPIC Membership Meeting: Thursday, January 12, 6:30 at the East Phillips Park Community Center,
· Xcel Power Lines – last public hearing. Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM; Public Hearing Room, 3rd Floor Metro Square Bldg, 121 7th Place E, Ste 350, St. Paul, MN 55101
· Free computer classes at AIOIC
10:20 NRP Contracts Concluded
Phase I contract re-allocations have been submitted and approved. CP will notify the Park and ensure that the money goes toward the soccer fields at EPPCCC. CP received a copy of the final approval of EPIC’s Phase II plan. CP attended the NRP wrap up party at the NRP office, but left early due to the drunken behavior of
Some staff and residents. CP has not received a check for Doug Wise’ contract, and is checking on it. Another check not received yet is for $29,000 from CPP (community participation), and CP is checking on this payment also. We need to decide what to do with these funds, within the spending lmitations of the fund.
10:30 Land Use Issues: 28th and Cedar, Smith Foundry, Bituminous Roadways, 2830 Cedar Ave.
10:50 Public Utilities Commission Meeting on Power Lines
11:10 Shirley Heyer
at leastJB/LL Passed
11:20 Running Wolf (Connie)
ast (MG-CP) Passed
11:25 Annual Meeting Agenda
Idea groups – design a new, attractive, permanent barrier for 25th Street.
11:50 Next Month’s Agenda
Alliance housing – update
Hi-Lake – Liquor store problems/City inaction
Elder Housing – How to apply to reside there?
Hi-Lake Triangle apartments
Design Charette – redesigning the 25th Street barrier (research on internet); invite Banyon