February 4th, 2012, Saturday, 10:00 am
East Phillips Park Cultural & Community Center, 2307 17th Ave S**
EPIC web address: eastphillips-epic.com
Office: 2536 18th Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55404
Present: Linda Leonard, Steve Struthers, Jennie Bjorgo, Carol Pass. Earl Simms, Rosie Cruz
· Approval of Agenda
· Approval of Minutes from EPIC Board Meeting Minutes - no meeting in Dec.
· Still need to approve Oct. and Nov. board meeting minutes.
· EPIC Membership Meeting: Thursday, January 12, 6:30 at the East Phillips Park Community Center,
· Program at Waite House, Computer Design for ten interested teenagers
· Greenway Heights, our apartment complex on the Greenway received a loan of $525,000 and a grant of $30,000. This is the building we all discussed at EPIC sometime ago. You guys had some input on the design and EPIC stopped LUPE from putting a giant building of one bedrooms and managed to bring in affordable family housing instead.
· Free computer classes at AIOIC
· Final Review of East Phillips Park Building
10:20 Housing Rehab Support - Doug Wise
10:45 Update on East Phillips Park Building and the PCC- Brad Pass
11:00 Land Use Issues: 2830 Cedar, Smith Foundry, Bituminous Roadways, 2600 17th Ave.
Have not heard from the Day Care people. Notes from Pat Fleetham.
This Motion was changed at the General Membership Meeting to a letter to the DayCare people. (re)
Carol has call in to Kent Peterson. A strategy…Bituminous first. A motion isn’t needed for this.
2600 17th Ave. Update- Carol - Letter to CD Committee – Strategy with Herb Frye and Peter McLaughlin, Report back at EPIC GMM.
11:30 Update on the Xcel Power Lines – Shirley Heyer
11:40 Shirley Heyer
11:45 Annual Meeting Agenda
Ideas – design a new, attractive, permanent barrier for 25th Street.
Alliance housing – update
Hi-Lake – Liquor store problems/City inaction
Elder Housing – How to apply to reside there?
Hi-Lake Triangle apartments
Design Charette – redesigning the 25th Street barrier (research on internet); invite Banyon