July 8th, 2017, 10:00 am -12:00
East Phillips Park Cultural & Community Center, 2307 17th Ave S.
EPIC web address: eastphillips-epic.com
Office: 2536 18th Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55404
Phone: (612) 280-8418
Board Roster: Jenny Bjorgo, Rosie Cruz, Laura Dale, Mary Gonsior, Linda Leonard, Carol Pass, Linda Vermillion, Cassandra Holmes, Tom Harris.
Board Members Present: Jenny Bjorgo, Rosie Cruz (T) Laura Dale, Mary Gonsior, Linda Leonard, Carol Pass, Linda Vermillion, Cassandra Holmes, Tom Harris.
Board Members Not Present:
EPIC Members: Brad Pass
Guests: Shirley Heyer
· Greetings and Introductions.
· Approval of Agenda: LL, LD, approved, as amended.
· Approval of Minutes from June 3rd, 2017, MG, LV, approved.
· Approval of Minutes from June 15th, 2017, MG, JG, approved.
- EPIC Community Meeting, July 13th, Thursday, at East Phillips Park, 6:30 to 8:45
- Open Arms meeting for the barricade, July 18th, 6:00 PM with CM Alondra Cano & neighbors
- Celebration Party July 15th, Saint Paul’s Lutheran (flyer)
10:40 Election of Officers Discussion
MOTION: Accept resignation of Laura Dale as Vice President and elect Cassandra Holmes as Vice President. MG, TH, approved unanimously.
Laura and Mary need a new binder sections: Bylaws and Policies and Procedures.
11:15 Taxes and Attorney General’s Report
EPIC filed for an extension to file our Form 990 for 2016. The Form 990 and Report to Minnesota Attorney General was reviewed and discussed. A copy will be posted to the EPIC website.
MOTION: Approve filing of EPIC’s Form 990 and MN Charitable Organization Annual Report. LD, JB, approved.
11:30 Bylaws – Discussion, 2 Corrections (Article IX, page 10, Section 1, line 8 & page 11, Section 2, last line)
Motion of Approval
MOTION: Accept Bylaw Changes as proposed in version amended 7/8/2017. And present to Membership for approval. CH, LV, approved unanimously.
12:10 Roof Depot/Public Works Site - Progress so far
Distributed notes and discussed the meeting of the Guidelines Advisory Committee on June 28th, 2017.