October 6th, 2018, 10:00 am -12:00
East Phillips Office, 2433 Bloomington Ave S.
EPIC web address: eastphillips-epic.com
Office: 2536 18th Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55404
Phone: (612) 280-8418
Board Roster: Rosie Cruz, Laura Dale, Mary Gonsior, Tom Harris, Cassandra Holmes, Linda Leonard, Abah Mohamed, Carol Pass, Linda Vermillion.
Board Members Present: Carol Pass, Linda Leonard, Laura Dale, Mary Gonsior, Rosie Cruz, Carrandra Holmes
Board Members Not Present: Tom Harris, Linda Vermillion, Abah Mohamed
EPIC Members: Brad Pass, Kelly Trius,
Guests: Shirley Heyer
· Greetings and Introductions
· Approval of Agenda: MG, CH, approved
· Approval of Board Minutes from September 8th, 2018, MG, LD, Approved.
· General Membership Meeting, October 11th, Thursday, at East Phillips Park, 6:30 to 8:45 pm.
· All Phillips Clean Sweep- October 13th
· Harvest Party- October 20th
10:35 EPIC Survey Final OK
· Swimming pool ideas: connect with day cares, Little Earth YDC, and other groups that can register and attend children learning to swim, swim recreation.
· Will this be translated? Our last survey was translated into Spanish and Somali
· What are we trying to do with the info we gain from this survey? Make priorities in projects and funding.
· Separate form for personal info – I want to help.
· Larger section for demographics.
· MG will reformat survey.
EPIC Survey Implementation
Online Survey, in-person survey, Phillips Clean Sweep, Little Earth (already completed survey); Homeless survey (recently completed); focus groups; EPIC meetings.
Hire local residents to conduct in-person surveys.
Next goal is to do the work to create our CPP application for our next round of funding. Projects, Goals?
Consolidation of old NRP funds
Reviewed NRP funds and discussed how to write new-contracts to ensure we don’t lose these funds.
· Housing: in-fill housing, housing connected to the indoor urban farm. This is the only fund that MUST be spent on housing.
· Crime and Safety: Phillips clean sweep
· Economic Development/Business Empowerment: 17th Avenue Roundabout
· Neighborhood Empowerment through Identity: Phillips Clean Sweep; Web design to enhance community communication
LD will draft a letter to board members who have unexcused absences for review by executive committee.